別の外人

Yet another English student goes to study abroad, in my case for a year at Shanghai Jiao Tong University in Shanghai, China.

Today has been... fun? No that can't be the right word for it. Bizarre. Yes I feel that sums it up nicely.

Woke up this morning at 9am even though I didn't have class til the afternoon, with a phone call from a weird unknown, unidentifiable number, so of course my poor confused brain wasn't ready to speak anything, let alone FAST CHINESE with just a touch of Shanghaihua. I have NO idea what he said, except there were a few words...:

Him: 'blahblahblahblah haven't given me the money yet blahblahblahblah haven't paid blahblahblah' (when blah represents how my tired self hears Chinese)

Me: '... shenme shenme????? -_-' *feeling stupid*

Him: 'blahblahblahblahblah'

I think I just gave up at that point and said 'dui dui dui' and 'hao de hao de' til he shut up and went away. Forced myself to get out of bed... and realised it was a bit chilly. Bit weird considering it was 27C (80F) yesterday and today it felt more like 15C (58F)... though it quickly got to 11C (51F) :O

Could no longer hear any bird sounds either, which is either good or worrying as a bird got stuck in my air conditioning pipe earlier. Yay just my luck *unimpressed*

Went to ask my block lady where I should pay the electricity bill, as the phone call had freaked me out, she told me to go to my local 'youju'... oh joy, the post office of the GLUE incident. Massive queue coz of course the woman in front of me doesn't want to pay bills, she wants to complain and moan and faff and take about half an hour. >_< Then the assistant looks at me, tells me I have to pay with cash and serves someone else, so I run to an ATM then return, queue again before finally paying the sodding bill. But now I will have electricity for Nov, yay :D

Then it was time to go pay rent. Just in case the phone guy was my landlord pretending to be Chinese I dunno wtf but heh better safe than sorry. Once more epic queue, a very fat assistant saw me and laughed (I like to think in nervousness and awe of my sexy AS Leeds hoodie which is purple and says LEEDS UNIVERSITY on the front just like that, in biggggg letters :D) and then I filled out the form WRONG like the noob I am aaaaagh I suck >_<

Class was... class, long, bit boring, the teacher I don't think registered me coz I was 5 mins late >_< but it's good for my Chinese ability so heh just gotta keep going. Also had hot chocolate naicha which went down a treat :D No jinjus though thank heavens :D

Went to the post office after class, the bigggg one down Tianyaoqiao Lu where you have to go to collect international parcels, Abi sent a parcel and wrote every form out in triplicate heh, I had a gorgeous parcel off Chloe, I adore her so muchhhhh :D <3333 Then walked to Kesongfang in the freezing freezing cold (can't wait to wear my coat) for a cake, faffed, 'studied' (well did a bit but not enough) before going back to the others' flat to watch Spooks (two seasons down now :D), study and then went home.

Popped by the barbeque stand men to get some bean things on a stick and a glutinous rice, yum yum, though did have to wait in the freezing cold for ages as I swear everyone, their dogs and random assorted stray animals all wanted to buy like 20 things each, and then there was me with my 3 measly sticks, yay.

Now, SLEEEEEEEEP kthxbai

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
TO COMMENT ON MY BLOG, CHOOSE ANONYMOUS AND JUST SIGN YOUR NAME AT THE END PLEASE Just to let everyone know my contact details, since Facebook might be down; contact me either via this blog, or: ml08g2c @ leeds . ac . uk I will be abroad from the 28th August 2009 until 6th September 2009 in Japan, and from then on in Shanghai in China until late July 2010.

Info

This blog will serve as a day to day summary of life abroad in China for my friends and family to see what I'm up to, and for me to look back on ^_^